Keeping your hair healthy and gorgeous looking during the hot summer months can be quite challenging. Exposure to damaging sun rays combined with excessive humidity and even sweating tend to take a toll on your tresses and make them loose their nourishment. In view of the above facts, it is quite natural that your hair needs extra care during the summer season to remain healthy and nourished. Listed below are some effective ways in which you can ensure the health and beauty of your locks and keep them summer safe.
- Be sure to cover your hair with a scarf or a hat every time you move out into the sun. This not only diminishes the harmful effects of sun’s UV rays and the damage caused by winds besides helping to retain the moisture within the scalp.
- Avoid washing your hair too frequently during the summer season as it drains the essential oils and natural moisture that keep the hair healthy and nourished. Also make sure that you use only the most gentle shampoo brands for washing your hair.
- Make sure that you use a conditioner, every time wash your hair. It helps to de-frizz the hair and also prevents it from getting sticky due to sweating. It is also advisable to deep condition your hair at least once every seven days during the summer season to help replenish its lost nutrients and moisture.
- Try to minimize the use of blow dryer and other heating equipments on your hair during the summer season. This can cause your hair to not only frizz up but also make it drier and brittle making it prone to damage. Rather go for the more natural and healthier method of air drying after every wash.
- Create a schedule for regular hot oil massage to help strength your scalp and nourish your hair. The massage will not only help to improve the blood circulation to your scalp but will also help remove the dirt and dust that might have been accumulated on it. Let the oil sit for sometime before rinsing it off and then conditioning your hair.
- Avoid using brushes to comb your hair during the summer season, especially for removing tangles or when the hair is still wet. They can pull and tear at the tangled strands and cause them to break easily. Instead use a wide toothed brush to comb your hair as it moves through the tangles in a relatively smooth manner while causing minimal damage.
- Tie up your hair in loose comfortable styles rather than tight ones as it helps minimize damage and breakage. Loose hair styles also ensure better airflow through your locks besides preventing the sweat from accumulating which can cause stickiness and itchiness. Tight hair styles also tend to cause much pain and stress while making the hair strands weak.
- Minimize split ends by making sure that you trim your hair regularly. You can also keep a spray bottle containing a mixture of avocado oil, coconut oil and water. Use this spray to restore the moisture of your hair every time you feel it becoming too dry and brittle.