How to Get Doctors License In Dubai ?– Learn About The Various Aspects Of Getting DHA License
Are you planning to practice medicine in Dubai? Dubai is increasingly becoming a popular destination for medical professionals from across the globe to enjoy a fulfilling career. This global city, which is also one of the fastest growing economies of the world, has a great demand for qualified medical practitioners to take care of the health and well being of both the local and expats living here. But, before the doctors and other medical professionals can start offering their services in the city, they need to obtain a valid license for practice from Dubai Health Authority (DHA). However, even before applying for the license, the doctors need to fulfill the following set of requirements and conditions.
- The doctors should enter the country with a valid visa, the requirements for which might vary from country to country and can be changed at any time without prior warning.
- They should also obtain a health card which clearly states that they are free from any infectious diseases and are in a good state of health.
- The aspiring medical practitioners also need to acquire a valid labor card granting them permission to work in UAE, along with the written employment agreement.
- Most importantly, they should possess relevant documents of qualification and licensing issued in their name by the concerned authority within their country of origin.
Steps To Be Followed For Acquiring DHA License
Once the above formalities have been met, the qualified expat doctors can start the procedure to obtain the DHA license which will make it possible for them to practice medicine in Dubai. The various steps involved in the completion of the procedure are listed as follows.
- The doctors need to log on to the official website of DHA ad create their unique username and password. They can do so at www.eservices.dha.gov.ae/DHAWeb/default
- The next step requires the applicants to fill the application from provided at the above mentioned page. They also need to upload the necessary documents with the application form to complete the application procedure.
- They also need to pay an initial fee of 220 AED at the time of applying for the DHA license. Once the application is received by the DHA, it performs a validation of the credentials supplied by the applicants.
- The next step is the Point Source Verification (PSV) of the applicants which is conducted after the payment of the fee of AED 1235.
- Once the applicants receive the confirmation of PSV from DHA, they need to select an assessment date for getting their oral/CBT assessment done. It is advisable for the applicants check the requirements of these assessments before selecting a date for the same.
- The applicants need to make a payment of AED 520 for blocking the assessment date and then, go through with the assessment tests on the selected date.
- In case the applicants clear the assessment tests, the DHA will issue an eligibility letter in their favor, which will be mailed to the applicants.
- The next step requires the applicants to upload their labor card and insurance details using the username and password created at the start of the process.
- Finally the applicants will be required to pay a sum of AED 3020 when the DHA license is issued in their favor. An additional amount of AED 20 is to be paid through COD by the applicants when they receive the license through courier.
The applicants need to understand that the total time to process the application and issue the license might take anywhere between 2 to 4 weeks. In addition, they also need to be aware of the fact that the PSV is done only 48 hours after the payment for the same has been made.