How to make hot lemon water?
Make sure you are using purified water and it should only be lukewarm and not scalding hot. Also, avoid the ice cold water because that is too much for your body to process. It also takes up a lot of energy for processing ice cold water than the warm water. Always make sure that you are using only fresh lemons, if possible go for organic. Don’t use the bottled lemon juice. Squeeze half a lemon in one glass of lukewarm water and drink it the first thing in the morning, even before your workout.
Here are the top 10 benefits of having hot lemon water every morning:
- It boosts your immune system- lemons are rich in vitamin C which is indeed amazing at fighting colds. They are rich in potassium as well which helps in stimulating the nerve and brain functions. Potassium also aids in controlling blood pressure.
- It helps in balancing the PH. – If you drink lemon water daily, you will reduce the overall acidity of your body. Lemon is among the most alkaline foods. It consists of citric acid but it doesn’t create acidity in body once it is metabolized.
- It helps in losing weight. – Lemons are rich in pectin fiber and helps in fighting hunger cravings. It has also been proven that people who take a more alkaline diet lose weight faster.
- It helps in digestion. – Lemon juice helps in flushing out the unwanted materials. It revitalizes the liver for producing bile which is an acid needed for digestion. Efficient digestion brings down constipation and heart burn.
- Hot lemon water is a diuretic. –Toxins are, hence, released at a faster rate which helps in keeping the urinary tract healthier.
- Clearing the skin. – Vitamin C component aids in decreasing blemishes and wrinkles. Lemon water coups toxins from the blood which helps in making the skin clearer. It can also be applied directly on the scars for reducing their appearance.
- Freshening the breath. – Not just this, but lemon water can help in relieving gingivitis and tooth pain. The citric acid erodes the tooth enamel. Hence, you should monitor it.
- It helps in relieving respiratory issues. – Hot lemon water aids in getting rid of chest infections and impasses the pesky coughs. It is believed to be helpful for the people suffering from allergies and asthma as well.
- It keeps you Zen. – Vitamin c is amongst the first things which get depleted when you subject your brain and body to stress. As already mentioned, lemons are extremely rich in vitamin c.
- Aids in kicking the coffee habit. – Once you have to glass of the hot lemon water. You really would not crave for your morning coffee. This is quite weird and can’t really be explained.
Things that lemon water will not do
Drinking enough water and adding some vitamin C boost are amazing ideas. However, they are not magic and there is really no scientific backing to some claims which are made online about the advantages of the lemon water.
It will not balance the pH levels. There is this theory that some foods can leave and alkaline or acid as in the body. This is indeed true. However, this only impacts the pH of the urine and not of the blood.
It will not prevent cancer. The same articles on the internet which claims that lemon water alkalized the body also claim that due to this, it helps in promoting an alkaline environment where the cancer cells can’t thrive. This is not entirely true and there is no proof to this claim.